Coming Soon: School Based Vocational Programs
School Based Vocational Programs - Study TAFE at School
Some people say it's impossible to do two things at once. At CMICA, we know that's not true. In fact, we've already proven that Year 11 and 12 students can do it; study a TAFE qualification at school, that is. After all, they're a very smart bunch.
Our TAFE at school program give Year 11 and 12 students an important head start on their career and credit towards a diploma qualification. Plus student get to experience life in campus one day a week during school term, over one or two years.
- Gain valuable credit points towards the Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) AND complete a certificate II or certificate III while still at school (that's the two things at once bit!).
- Receive direct entry into certain TAFE Queensland programs upon successful completion of high school (too easy!).
- Gain credits for a diploma program or university studies (this program really does open lots of doors).
- Learn from qualified trainers with current industry knowledge (they know their stuff).
- Gain real employment skills relevant to the workplace (you'll be miles ahead of the pack).
You won't be surprised to learn that you must be enrolled in Year 11 or 12 and attend a Queensland high school for the duration of the program. You also need to have a Senior Education and Training (SET) Plan in place, so talk your school's Guidance Office, VET Coordinator or Head of Senior Schooling and ask for their help to make this happen. Then it's 'tough decision' time. You can only enrol in one program with TAFE Queensland so think about the one that's right for you.
Students undertaking a nationally accredited qualification at TAFE Queensland and New South Wales as part of their senior studies may pay substantially reduced or, in some cases, no tuition fees at all. However, there are material fees for all programs and an administration fee per calendar year and you'll need to meet these costs. Gain valuable credit points towards the Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) AND complete a certificate II or III through TAFE while still at school.
If you would like further information please click the Enquire button below to contact us and we will be back to you with further information.